I am currently teaching Pre-Algebra, Geometry, and Health at Morris Community High School. All of my classes are taught in the self-contained setting using a modified version of the regular education curriculum.
I can be contacted by either e-mail or phone:
phone: 815-942-1294 ext. 5384
*McDougal Littell Algebra 1
1) Learn basic algebraic terms and concepts.
2) Develop reasoning skills, and learn algebra properties
3) Understand and develop skills regarding real numbers
4) Solve one-step and multi-step algebraic equations
5) Understand coordinate planes and solve for slope
6) Understand and solve functions
7) Solve one-step and multi-step inequalities
8) Understand and solve exponents
9) Understand ratios and solve proportions
*Prentice Hall Informal Geometry
1) Learn basic geometry terms and concepts.
2) Develop reasoning skills, learn algebraic and geometric properties and write proofs.
3) Learn relationships of lines and angles.
4) Learn properties of, classify and compare triangles.
5) Learn properties of quadrilaterals.
6) Identify similar figures and use proportions.
7) Learn properties of circles and polygons.
8) Find surface area, lateral area and volume of solids and prisms.
1) Understand health and wellness
2) Understand mental and emotional health
3) Learn strategies to manage stress and cope with loss
4) Learn strategies to develop healthy relationships
5) Understand good nutrition and the importance of physical activity
6) Understand body systems and functions
7) Understand growth and development
8) Learn the dangers of drugs and alcohol
9) Understand communicable and non-communicable diseases